If you are a photographer, web designer, or other creative professional, then you may have heard of DeviantART.
As stated on the DeviantART about page:
deviantART was created to entertain, inspire, and empower the artist in all of us. Founded in August 2000, deviantART is the largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts with over 19 million registered members, attracting 45 million unique visitors per month.
As a community destination, deviantART is a platform that allows emerging and established artists to exhibit, promote, and share their works within a peer community dedicated to the arts. The site's vibrant social network environment receives over 100,000 daily uploads of original art works ranging from traditional media, such as painting and sculpture, to digital art, pixel art, films and anime.Part of DeviantART's appeal stems from the fact that it's an exclusive community for artists. However, there are business advantages as well, such as:
- The ability to share your work with over 12 million members - for FREE! (Note: There is no limit to the number of pieces you can upload.)
- The ability to set-up a profile, create galleries, and establish a fan base.
- Sell prints, posters, and canvases of your artwork via the DeviantART print shop.
- Communicate with other artists to share, learn from, and inspire each other.
- View tutorials and gather feedback to improve your work.
- Create professional slideshows and presentations to show potential clients.
- You can also advertise on DeviantART via AdCast.
Action Steps: Are you a creative professional? Would DeviantART be a smart move for your business? If the answer is yes, place a checkmark next to the DeviantART logo on your Social Media Strategy Guide.
What is DeviantART?
DeviantART Tour (official)
AdCast (DeviantART advertising)